Friday, March 6, 2009

Here we go again...

I know, my friends reading this, that to you I have been traveling since June of 2006. However, in fact, I feel that I have been stationary far too long. I have been living and working in Saigon for over one year. I apologize if you've felt neglected and disappointed that I had quit blogging, but in fact this country has not inspired me. I came here with the need to find a job that paid well.

In the beginning of 2008 my renter in my Miami condo moved out and I had to be able to pay my mortgage until I sold the apartment. Thanks to Kathy Mitchell, I had an offer within 2 months. However the closing kept extending because of the buyers lending bank's need for more and more details. I said goodbye to my adorable and much loved apartment in May of 2008. I was FREE. No more financial burdens and....money in the bank.

I want to add a thank you here. Thank you Cara, Scott, Isis, Jeremy, Eva, Michelle, Jaime, Peter, Miriam, Jim and to my incredible sister-Laura. Thank you for your friendship and love.

I managed to get home to Oregon to spend some time with my parents in August 2008 and have been saving my dongs (pennies) ever since. I'm now stocked up and ready to set out, once again, footloose and fancy free.

So come along and enjoy my travels with me.

Heidi (Ho) Saleska

4 comments:

  1. hi heidi!
    it's sophie, we met when we celebrated my bday last oct in Saigon!
    good to c u blogging. i will add u to my blog link!
    r u still ther in saigon or traveled on?
    i'm in portland now w/my bf. haha. at least until may when my classes ends here.
    talk soon on www.
    sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi,

    Great idea to start the blog again. I look forward to reading your new adventures, seeing your perspective on travel and seeing what inspires you. Good reading of the the every day stuff..thats not so every day on the other side of the globe.
    Thanks for being YOU! miss Heidi-Ho!!!
    your bud..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. heidi ho,,,,,,,,, nice going babe, we miss you in thailand i assure you, altho i am currently in the philippines since some weeks and headin back to CM and pai on 17th, st. pattys day i think. i will be in new york very late may for two months will go out west and see the kids and just had news from my daughter that she is seeing someone after a one year marriage to arrogant robert. so i may go to salt lake where she be or reno where dogen lives. came to manila to hook up with a new york buddy michael who is yoga teacher and meet at the NA asia pacific forum, with participants from 22 countries, and so its a pleasure hearing from you always. with lol, marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to hear you are going to have another ventures. and interesting to read your new blog acutually really enjoy the stuff you share with us. Just follow your heart and keep going.Miss you

    ReplyDelete